What is the same and what is changed in 2018 from 2017?
In summary, there has been very few changes in the awards, eligibility, and criteria for judges with the emphasis for the 2018 event being bigger, better and wider participation from across the archipelago.
There are no changes in the procedures for appointing members of the Judging Panel or procedures for adjudication of nominations by the Judging Panel. Click here to see
There are no changes in the composition and appointment of the Appeals Board or for the grounds and the procedures for appeals of decisions by the Judging Panel. Click here to see
There are some changes in the mandates and composition of the Organizing Committee. Click here to see
There are no changes in the Title Sponsors. Click here to see
There are no changes in the general nominating requirements and procedures. Click here to see
There are no changes in 2018 in the site of the International ICT Awards Philippines Gala Awards Night which will be held for the fourth year at the Marriott Grand Ballroom, Newport City on Thursday, 22 March 2018 starting at 6:00 pm.
There are no major changes in the program being planned for the International ICT Awards Philippines Gala Awards Night, it will include a sumptuous three-course dinner with wine/beer/sodas, lavish entertainment, and exceptional foto opportunities with the VIPs, entertainers and the Hostess of Honor … and selfies.
There are no major changes in cost of tickets to the International ICT Awards Philippines Gala Night: standard single tickets at PHP 3,500; Early Bird single tickets until January 31, 2018 at PHP 3,000; standard group tickets for a table of ten (10) at PHP 31,500; and Early Bird group tickets for a table of ten (10) at PHP 27,000. Click here to make reservations
Changes in Categories and Awards:
There will be no changes in award award categories in 2018 from 2017 except the deletion of an award for Best Mobile App Developer of the Year.
Changes in format and content required for nominations:
The mandatory requirement to submit nominations using the on-line nomination application on the International ICT Awards Philippines webs site is unchanged. Click here to see
The mandatory requirement to complete an entry in all fields in the nomination application on the International ICT Awards Philippines webs site is unchanged.
The option to provide limited additional information introduced in 2017 has been refined to include:
- A single page in pdf format with supplementary information of any kind (to that contained in the mandatory fields) that the nominee wishes to be considered by the Judging Panel; and
- Attachment of a copy in electronic format (soft-copy) of the latest official and published Annual Report of the nominated company for the Judging Panel to refer to if it considers necessary.
Changes in eligibility to be nominated:
The general requirement that nominees must be companies in the Philippines registered with the Philippine Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) remains unchanged.
The new general eligibility requirement clarified for 2017, remains that all nominees must have received at least fifty percent (50%) of the nominated company’s gross revenue from the provision of international services in their last financial year ending in 2016 with the international services provided ,including direct services to offshore clients and/or for Global In-House Centers, to offshore clients or to foreign companies based in the Philippines.
The specific eligibility requirements clarified in 2017 for certain specific categories and awards, some of which have been modified or clarified, remain. Please check eligibility requirements for each award of interest.
Changes in number and designation of Finalists:
The change in procedure three years ago to announce Finalists at the International ICT Awards Philippines Gala Night, instead of prior to that event, remains unchanged.
The following changes introduced in 2017 with respect to procedure for the Finalists, remain unchanged:
- The maximum number of Finalists in each award category is decreased from five (5) to three (3) to enhance the value and prestige of being a Finalist;
- All three Finalists will be invited onto the stage for the announcement of the Winner of the Award; and
- In addition to the Category Award given to the Finalist declared as the Winner, the other Finalists will receive awards as “Runner-up” in the award category to enhance the value of having been a Finalist.
Changes in Sponsorship Packages:
The major sponsorship packages offered have been further reduced in amount in 2018 to attract a wider range of companies with differing levels of available resources to demonstrate their interest in and support for the ICT industry.
The packages and support offered and invited in 2018 include:
- Category Award Sponsorships limited to 12 with one sponsorship for each category award excluding the two Premier Awards sponsored by the Title Sponsors at PHP 150,000 (reduced from PHP 200,000) with other sponsorship categories remains unchanged.