Continuity and change in the 11th International ICT Awards – Philippines 2017
What is the same and what is changed in 2017 from 2016?
There are no changes in the procedures for appointing members of the Judging Panel or procedures for adjudication of nominations by the Judging Panel. Click here to see
There are no changes in the composition and appointment of the Appeals Board or for the grounds and the procedures for appeals of decisions by the Judging Panel. Click here to see
There are no changes in the mandates and composition of the Organizing Committee. Click here to see
There are no changes in the Title Sponsors. Click here to see
There are no changes in the general nominating requirements and procedures. Click here to see
There are no changes in 2017 in the site of the International ICT Awards Philippines Gala Awards Night which will be held for the third year the Marriott Hotel Manila, with this in the Grand Ballroom on March 22, 2017 starting at 6:00 pm.
There are no changes in the program being planned for the International ICT Awards Philippines Gala Awards Night, including a sumptuous three-course dinner with wine/beer/soft drinks, lavish entertainment, and exceptional foto opportunities with the VIPs, entertainers and the Hostess of Honor … and selfies.
There are no changes in cost of tickets to the International ICT Awards Philippines Gala Night which remain unchanged including: standard single tickets at PHP 3,000; Early Bird single tickets until January 31, 2017 at PHP 2,500; standard group tickets for a table of ten (10) at PHP 27,000; and Early Bird group tickets for a table of ten (10) at PHP 22,500. Click here to make reservations
Changes in Categories and Awards:
The same categories in 2017 as in 2016 with no changes*:
- Best Company of the Year
- Best Employer of the Year
- Best Filipino-owned Company of the Year
- Best Company of the Year Outside the NCR
- Most Innovative Company of the Year
(*) However, these award categories all include a general eligibility requirement clarified for 2017 that all nominees must have received at least fifty percent (50%) of the nominated company’s gross revenue from the provision of international services in their last financial year ending in 2016 (See further details below).
The same categories in 2017 as in 2016 but with modifications in title and/or criteria:
- Best Contact Center and BPO Company of the Year
- Best Global In-House Company of the Year
- Best Company of the Year for Animation and Game Development
- Best Company for the Year Providing Services for Finance and Accounting
- Best Company of the Year Providing Services for Health Information Management Services
- Best Company of the Year for Information Technology and Software Development
- Best Company of the Year for Mobile App Development
New categories in 2017:
- Best C-Suite Team of the Year
- Best Front-Line Team of the Year
- Best First-Time Nominated Company of the Year
Categories discontinued in 2017:
- Individual Contributor of the Year
- Best CEO of the Year
- Most Popular Team Leader (Participants’ choice)
Changes in format and content required for nominations:
The mandatory requirement to submit nominations using the on-line nomination application on the International ICT Awards Philippines webs site is unchanged. Click here to see
The mandatory requirement to complete an entry in all fields in the nomination application on the International ICT Awards Philippines webs site is unchanged.
However the option to provide limited additional information has been modified to include:
- A single page in pdf format with supplementary information of any kind (to that contained in the mandatory fields) that the nominee wishes to be considered by the Judging Panel; and
- Attachment of a copy in electronic format (soft-copy) of the latest official and published Annual Report of the nominated company for the Judging Panel to refer to if it considers necessary.
Changes in eligibility to be nominated:
The general requirement that nominees must be companies in the Philippines registered with the Philippine Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) remains unchanged.
However there is new general eligibility requirement clarified for 2017 that all nominees must have received at least fifty percent (50%) of the nominated company’s gross revenue from the provision of international services in their last financial year ending in 2016 with the international services provided including direct services to offshore clients and/or for Global In-House Centers, to offshore clients or to foreign companies based in the Philippines.
There are also specific eligibility requirements for certain specific categories and awards, some of which have been modified or clarified. Please check eligibility requirements for each award of interest.
Changes in number and designation of Finalists:
The change in procedure two years ago to announce Finalists at the International ICT Awards Philippines Gala Night, instead of prior to that event, remains unchanged.
However there are the following changes in procedure for the Finalists:
- The maximum number of Finalists in each award category is decreased from five (5) to three (3) to enhance the value and prestige of being a Finalist;
- All three Finalists will be invited onto the stage for the announcement of the Winner of the Award; and
- In addition to the Category Award given to the Finalist declared as the Winner, the other Finalists will receive awards as “Runner-up” in the award category to enhance the value of having been a Finalist.
Changes in Sponsorship Packages:
The major sponsorship packages offered have been reduced in amount in 2017 to attract a wider range of companies with differing levels of available resources to demonstrate their interest in and support for the ICT industry.
The packages and support offered and invited in 2017 include:
- Category Award Sponsorships limited to 13 with one sponsorship for each category award excluding the two Premier Awards sponsored by the Title Sponsors at PHP 200,000 (reduced from PHP 250,000)
- Major Sponsorships limited to ten in number at PHP 100,000 each (reduced from PHP 150,000)
- Support Sponsorships unlimited in number at PHP 50,000 each (reduced from PHP 100,000)*.
- Emerging ICT E-Hub/Gateway City by invitation at PHP 50,000 each (reduced from PHP 75,000)**
- Patron unlimited in number at PHP 25,000 each (reduced from 50,000)
- Endorser by invitation at PHP 10,000 each (unchanged)
- In-kind Sponsorships by invitation for goods & services required for the 2017 event
(*) At the 2016 event, named the Sponsor package
(**) At the 2016 event, named the Next Wave Cities for ICT sponsorship package