The International ICT Awards Philippines was launched in 2007 by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines (CanCham) in close cooperation with the then BPAP (now IBPAP). All of the subsequent International ICT Awards Philippines events have been and continue to be organized by CanCham in association with IBPAP. It has grown steadily in size, range and stature every year since and is now widely recognized as the most prestigious ICT Awards event in the Philippines.
In 2007 there were 100 nominees with 300 guests attending the first event which was held in the New World Hotel. There were just eight categories of awards in that year.
Over the years the event has grown, matured, and received ever-widening recognition internationally as well as within the Philippines. During this time the award categories have increased in number and been adjusted to reflect growth and change in the ICT industry. The number of nominees and persons in attendance at the annual event has also grown steadily. Last year in 2016, there were more than 90 nominations received for the 10th International ICT Awards Philippines held at the Marriott Grand Ballroom for the 2016 event with sixteen categories of awards including:
- Best Company of the Year
- Best Employer of the Year
- Best Filipino-owned Company of the Year
- Best Company of the Year Outside NCR
- Best Global In-house Center of the Year
- Most Innovative Company of the Year
- Best Voice Excellence Company of the Year
- Best Emerging IT-BPM Company for Creatives
- Best Emerging IT-BPM Company for Healthcare
- Best Emerging IT-BPM Company for Finance and Accounting
- Best Software Company of the Year
- Best Philippine Mobile App of the Year
- Best ICT CEO of the Year
- Participants’ Choice: Most Popular Team Leader (by on-line voting)
- Individual Contributor of the Year
- Hall of Fame
Winners of awards ranged from well-known major international IT-BPM companies that are now a main pillar of the Philippines economy to small emerging companies that have stimulated creativity, new developments, and foretell a bright future for diversity of the country’s private sectors.
The International ICT Awards Philippines is supported entirely by the private sector including by sponsors, by fees charged to participants in the annual events, and by the time provided by the professional officers and staff of CanCham and IBPAP.