ELIGIBILITY, NOMINATIONS, AND JUDGING FOR AWARD WINNER
Who is eligible to be nominated for the International ICT Awards Philippines?
- Any company based in the Philippines, registered with the SEC, and engaged in providing Information Communications Technology, including Business Process Management services from the Philippines to offshore client/s or in-house organizations, during the calendar year 2018 is eligible to be nominated and can compete for an award, provided it also meets the specific eligibility requirements for the award category.
- Eligibility for nominations for the two Corporate Team Awards (Best C-Suite and Best Front-line Team) is limited to teams from those companies which was already been nominated for another award in 2019.
- Some award categories’ criteria may require company’s financial performance from 2017 for growth comparison/evaluation.
- A company is eligible to compete for an award in more than one award category, provided it also meets the specific eligibility requirements for the award category.
- Any questions relating to eligibility of a nominee for a particular award that arise during the judging process must be referred by the Judging Panel to the Organizing Committee for clarification and final decision.
Who is eligible to submit a nomination?
- Nominations for awards to companies and for corporate teams may be submitted by the company itself, by other companies based in the Philippines and registered with SEC, or by individuals (except the members of the ICT Awards Judging Panel, officers and staff of CanCham and IBPAP, and sponsors) resident in the Philippines, provided that the nomination is accompanied by a written confirmation signed by an authorized officer of the nominated company that the company has no objection to the nomination being submitted.
- Awards categories in previous years for awards for individuals were discontinued in 2018 (as these were provided for by other award programs), so former procedures for such nominations are no longer included.
Fees for submitting a nomination
- There is no fee for submission of nominations
- Nominators/nominees are required to prepare and cover all costs in preparing and forwarding a submission
- Nominators are required to pay the full registration fee for participation in the International ICT Awards Philippines Gala Night if they register to attend the event.
- Nominees are required to pay the full registration fee for their participation in the International ICT Awards Philippines Gala Night for an official representative to attend the event and to be eligible to receive an award.
For information on registration, click here
Deadline for submitting nominations
Nominations must be submitted using the online nomination form not later than 11:59 p.m. Philippine Standard Time on Thursday, January 31, 2019.
How to submit nominations
All nominations and supporting information must be completed and submitted online using the International ICT Awards Philippines’ Online Nomination Form, accessible at www.ictawards.org.ph. Online nominations will not be processed successfully if any of the required fields are left blank. Click here
- Nominations and supporting information delivered in hard copy format by hand-delivery, courier, post, or fax will not be accepted and/or processed.
- Nominations emailed directly to CanCham, other than to email address listed on the International ICT Awards website, will not be accepted
- Nominations must be prepared and submitted strictly following the format giving the information that relates to the specific set of criteria of the award category the entrant is submitting.
- Nominations must be received by not later than 11:59 p.m. Philippine Standard Time on Thursday, 31 January 2019 with the date and time the nomination is recorded electronically as being sent deemed to be the date of receipt.
- Online nominations will not be accepted or processed if any of the required fields are left blank and/or received after the deadline.
- In the event that it is applicable, enter into a blank field: “Information not applicable”, “Information not available”, or “Information confidential”. Note that no points can be given for fields filled with these explanations in place of the requested information.
Supplementary information that can be provided in support of a nomination
In addition to information required in the mandatory fields on the on-line Nomination Form, two documents with additional supporting information may be attached at the nominee’s discretion, to the Nomination Form:
- A single A4 size page with any additional information the nominee considers relevant and important for the Judging Panel to take into consideration in reviewing the nomination. This document must be in PDF file, properly labeled and attached when submitting the nomination using the ICT Awards 2018 Online Nomination Form.
- An electronic copy of the latest official and published Annual Report of the nominated company, or an unaltered extract from the same Annual Report. This document must be in PDF file, properly labeled and attached when submitting the nomination using the ICT Awards 2018 Online Nomination Form.
No other additional supporting documentation is to be provided or will be accepted unless, in exceptional cases, it is formally requested by the Judging Panel (see below re judging process).
Judging process for the International ICT Awards Philippines 2019:
- All nominations and supporting information will be reviewed by a Judging Panel of independent judges with the Judging Panel selecting the three best nominations (assessed according to the criteria for judging each award as posted on the International ICT Awards Philippines website) to determine up to three Finalists and the Winner.
- The criteria for selection of judges, the procedure of the Judging Panel in assessing nominations, and the limited grounds to appeal decisions by the Judging Panel by an Appeals Board are public and posted on the International ICT Awards Philippines website. Click here
- In considering nominations and reaching its decisions, the Judging Panel is restricted to using only supporting information submitted with an accepted nomination.
- In exceptional cases, the judging panel may ask the Organizing Committee to request clarifying information from a nominee related to the submitted nomination. The Organizing Committee will request the clarifying information from the nominee with this to be returned by nominee to the Organizing Committee for forwarding to the Judging Panel. In no circumstances shall a nominee communicate directly with the Judging Panel or with a member of the Judging Panel about a nomination or the judging process, with any such direct contact deemed as grounds for disqualification of a nomination by the Organizing Committee.
Confidentiality of nominations and supporting information
- Excepting for the official names and registered addresses of nominees, all nominations and supporting information submitted to the International ICT Awards Philippines Secretariat is deemed to be confidential information.
- This confidential information will be made available only to the Judging Panel whose members are required to sign and be bound by a Confidentiality Non-Disclosure Agreement, and to a designated receiving agent of the Secretariat of the International ICT Awards Philippines at CanCham who is also required to sign and bound by a Confidentiality Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Finalists for the International ICT Awards Philippines 2019
- There will be a maximum of three (3) Finalists selected for each award category.
- Finalists in each category of award will be announced at the International ICT Awards Philippines 2019 Gala Night on Thursday, 28 March 2019.
Eligibility to be declared a Winner at the International ICT Awards Philippines 2019
- Minimum 3 nominations required in a Category for an award to be given.
- There will be a single Winner selected for each award category.
- The Winner of the award in each award category will be announced at the International ICT Awards Philippines 2019 Gala Night on Thursday 28 March 2019.
- A Winner must be present or have an Official Representative at the International ICT Awards Philippines 2019 Gala Night on Thursday 28 March 2019 to be eligible to be announced, declared a Winner, and presented an Award.
- In the event that a potential Winner for a category is not present or does not have an Official Representative present at the International ICT Awards Philippines 2019 Gala Night on Thursday 28 March 2019, it will be deemed that that potential Winner had withdrawn the nomination and the award will be made to the Runner-up.
- In the event that neither the potential Winner nor a potential Runner-up for an award category have Official Representatives at the International ICT Awards Philippines 2019 Gala Night on Thursday 28 March 2019, it will be deemed that both the potential Winner and the potential Runner-up had withdrawn their submissions and no award will be made in 2019 in that category.