ABOUT IICTAP ORGANIZATION
THE IICTAP MISSION
“To recognize and promote excellence in the provision of ICT-enabled services to international markets by companies in the Philippines”.
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines, Inc. (CanCham) is the Organizer of the International ICT Awards Philippines (IICTAP) with financial and legal responsibility for the event.
The Board of Trustees of CanCham appoints:
- The Chair and members of the Organizing Committee; and
- The outside Senior Adviser, outside Legal Adviser, outside Independent Compliance Officer, outside members of the Judging Panel, and outside Judging Auditor as well as outside partners required to support the implementation of the event such an Event Manager and Media Partner(s).
The Board delegates to the IICTAP Organizing Committee responsibility:
- To set IICTAP's policies and procedures governing the awards program;
- To plan and implement each annual event;
- To arrange all required publicity for each annual event; and
- To assure the credibility, integrity, objectivity, and professionalism of the nominations and adjudication processes without any conflicts if interest or outside influence on its judging decisions.
THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
The IICTAP Organizing Committee comprises:
- President of CanCham (ex-officio) as Committee Chair;
- Chair of CanCham ICT Committee (ex-officio) as a member; and
- Assistant Corporate Treasurer of CanCham (ex-officio) as a member.
A CanCham staff member is appointed as Committee Recording Secretary.
THE SENIOR ADVISER
The role and responsibility of the outside IICTAP Senior Adviser is to advise the Organizing Committee on the management of the event including and in particular on substantive ICT issues. He/she is appointed on basis of having wide-ranging senior management experience with ICT in the public and private sectors. The Senior Adviser is excluded from any other role in nominating, compliance review, judging, or sponsoring for the annual event. The IICTAP Senior Adviser for the 2022 IICTAP is Mr Monchito B Ibrahim, former Undersecretary, DICT.
THE LEGAL ADVISER
The role and responsibility of the outside IICTAP Legal Adviser is to advise the Organizing Committee on any legal issues that arise or are anticipated. He/she is appointed on basis of wide experience in corporate and intellectual property law. The IICTAP Legal Adviser for the 2022 IICTAP is Atty. Virgilio Del Rosario,
THE INDEPENDENT COMPLIANCE OFFICER
The role and responsibility of the outside IICTAP Independent Compliance Officer is o review all Nominations prior to submission to the Judging Panel and certify to the Organizing Committee that:
- They meet all mandatory Eligibility Criteria for the specific award; and
- Include all mandatory information requirements for the applicable award
Full details on the role and procedure are published on the IICTAP website <here>. The Independent Compliance Officer is excluded from any other role in nominating, judging, or sponsoring for the annual event. The Independent Compliance Officer the 2022 IICTAP is Mr. Pocholo C. Domondon, a Partner in PwC Philippines.
THE JUDGING PANEL
The role and responsibility of the IICTAP Judging Panel is to evaluate all certified Nominations on the basis of the Judging Criteria for the relevant award. Full details on Selection of Judges and Judging Procedure are published on the IICTAP website <here>. A Judge is excluded from any other role in organizing, nominating, compliance review, or sponsoring for the annual event. The names of the members of the Judging Panel are held confidential until the date of the event at which time they are announced.
THE JUDGING AUDITOR
The role and responsibility of the outside IICTAP Judging Auditor is to attend all sessions of the Judging Panel to confirm that:
- All published judging procedures are followed;
- Record the conclusions of Judging Panel;
- Certify to the Organizing Committee the Finalists and Winners of each award to be presented.
The Judging Auditor is excluded from any other role in organizing, nominating, or sponsoring for the annual event. The Judging Auditor for the 2022 IICTAP is PwC Philippines.
THE APPEAL BOARD
Decisions of the Judging Panel except for appeals on thr following three procedural grounds:
- The required super major majority of members of the Judging Panel for a quorum was not present for the decision;
- The required super majority of members of the Judging Panel did not approve the decision; and/or
- A member of the Judging Panel with a conflict of interest did not declare this conflict and recluse himself/herself from the deliberations and decision of the Judging Panel for the applicable award.
The members of the Appeal Board are:
- The President of CanCham (ex-officio) as Chair of the Appeal Board;
- The Judging Auditor (ex-officio);
- An Independent Member, appointed by the Organizing Committee, who has knowledge of the ICT services industry in the Philippines and has no conflict of interest with any Nominee, Judge, or Sponsor.
National government entities and industry associations with leading roles and representation mandates related to ICT-enabled services are invited to be Endorsers of IICTAP with their names to be publicized as such to enhance the credibility of the event. They do not provide financial or any other in-kind advice or support. An Endorser is excluded from any other role in organizing, nominating, compliance review, judging, or sponsoring the annual event. The 2022 IICTAP is endorsed by:
- Department of Information & Communications Technology (DICT)
- Department if Trade & Industry (DTI)
- Information Technology & Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP)
- National ICT Confederation of the Philippines (NICP)
- Philippine Export Zone Authority (PEZA)
Business and industry associations with specific industry mandates and/or specific geographic interests in supporting ICT-enabled services are invited to be Patrons of IICTAP to support and publicize the event with their memberships. They are not required to provide financial or any other in-kind support but may also be sponsors. Patrons are excluded from any other role in organizing, compliance review or judging the annual event for which it is a Patron.
IICTAP has always and and continues to be funded entirely by the private sector. Up to 2019 it was funded both by sponsorships and by tickets to the annual gala dinner event. Starting in 2020 it has been funded entirely by sponsorships. There are no financial charges for nominations and no financial payments for Award Finalists and Winners. The financing is managed by CanCham as a separate account with this audited as part of CanCham's annual audit. CanCham’s Auditor for 2022 is SyCip, Gorres, Velayo & Co.
Last updated February 22, 2022